If you are visiting Wiesbaden there is a plethora of options for kids with parents. We’ll list and describe some of them here:
- Nerobergbahn (Yelp) and Neroberg
- Kurhaus, Staatstheater and Oper and Kurpark
- Fasanarie – like a zoo but with a big playground. Highly recommended.
- Schloss Freudenberg (Yelp) – highly recommended
- Museum Wiesbaden
- Nerotal park
- Holocaust Memorial
- Thermine – 1 hour sight seeing tour
In the City
- Café Wellritz
- See “Marktplatz” and “Dernsches Gelände” with vast space to play, walk and run
- Okinii, all you can eat restaurant for asian food with digital ordering system
Near and around our heritage building
- Playground in Wiesbaden-Auringen, complete overhaul in 2015, you can walk there from our house.
- Hockenberger Mühle with big playground
- Playground “Spielpark Hochheim”, outdoor, non-commercial, highly recommended when the wheather is good and you bring some food and drinks yourself
- Berggasthof Kellerskopf with dedicated room for kids
- Kastanienhof in Niederjosbach has a very very big room with an indoor playground including a fast slide, a soccer player and bobby cars.
- Weinhaus Sinz in Wiesbaden-Frauenstein, old traditional restaurant, very much “Germany” from the old times, very good food
- Public swimming pools
- Opelbad – only outside, not open in winter and fall, awesome view over complete city
- Thermalbad Aukammtal – High end, not crowded, but pricey
- Waldschwimmbad Niedernhausen – very nice in the summer time, recommended
- Freizeitbad Mainzer Straße, indoor, good for kids
- Freibad Kallebad
- Tournesol, very big slide, good for kids
- Rebstockbad in Frankfurt
- Big Indoor Playgrounds
When we compiled this list we assumed that you have a car to reach these destinations.