Wiesbaden is one of the richest cities in Germany. It is near Frankfurt and part of the Rhein-Main-Area which is one the strongest economic regions in Germany and Europe. That’s why you’ll find all sorts of restaurants nearby. Very cheap and good ones and incredibly expensive and extraordinary ones. Germans usually use Yelp, Google, Via Michelin and Tripadvisor to find restaurants online. It is worth while not to eat in the city but to go around by car to experience regional kitchen. People from Hesse love “hessisch” food. But there is a plethora of alternatives. If you don’t want to use our kitchen you don’t have to:
- Hinkelhaus, August-Ruf-Straße 44, 65207 Wiesbaden, Phone +49-6127 4555, http://j.mp/restauranthinkelhaus
It’s one of the “Auringer Originals” with bourgeois regional food. Every Tuesday they feature a “Hessenbuffet”.
- Hockenberger Mühle, Hockenberger Höhe 4, 65207 Wi-Kloppenheim, Tel. 0611 502088, http://j.mp/hockenbergermuehle
THE popular restaurant destination outside the town for Wiesbaden. They have a very big playground and meadow and a small greek for kids that you can oversee from your chairs. So bring your kids and extra clothes and some time. By the way: the food is regional and awesome. If you do not have a reservation you will have to wait a little in summer time. It’s well worth while. We guarantee. If you read this early. Book a table now! If you have time and the weather is nice, try to go there by foot. It’s also possible with baby strollers. See here: https://goo.gl/maps/9ZG5Z2s8LJ82
- Berggasthof Kellerskopf, Kellerskopf 1, 65207 Wiesbaden-Naurod, Telefon:06127 4926, http://j.mp/kellerskopf
Good restaurant with regional, mediterranean kithcen, children’s toy room and an awesome view over Wiesbaden. They even have a tower that you can climb to have free sight in all directions. Better book a table via phone before you go.
- Kaisertempel, 13 Gimbacher Str. Eppstein 65817, Nice restaurant and great view. You can climb the hill by foot.
- Restaurant Ente, 3-4 Kaiser-Friedrich-Platz WI 65183 High end restaurant with a Michelin star
- Schellers Restaurant, 31 Philosophenweg Bad Homburg vor der Höhe 61350, High end restaurant with a Michelin star.
- Thai Chili, Frankfurter Str. 10-12, 65527 Niedernhausen, Tel. 06127 9868816, http://j.mp/thaichili
Very good thai restaurant, but only a few seats inside. Better reserve a table. Nice spot if you have reached the “hessisch food” overkill. 😀
- Firenze, Idsteiner Str. 98, 65527 Niedernhausen, Tel. 06127 8622, http://j.mp/restaurantfirenze
I have been there from when I have been 4 years old. It’s an italian restaurant in a tennis center. You wouldn’t go there too easily as German without a special reasone. Do it never the less. They are good.
- Auringer Vereinssommer, During the summer months there is party each Friday evening from 6pm on. Every week another club is running a booth selling regional wine and food at pretty low prices. If you’re interested in getting to know people from Auringen, this is the place to go. There are usally between 50 and 400 people so you can pop in and out easily. We have added the events to our calendar and will try to keep them up to date. The series of events is organized byOrtsvereinsring Auringen. Their website has additional info and updates. There is also a facebook group for these events. It is in 3 minutes walking distance from our heritage building in Wiesbaden-Auringen. See how to walk there.
See full blog post on our website.